Thursday 12 September 2013

Identifying the target audience of dramas

Identifying my target audience is another key task that I must complete before creating my initial ideas, this is because I have noticed that the target audience and the types of characters are strongly related in dramas. In many drama films it appears that the characters are similar to the audience, hence easy to relate to. Therefore I will need to know who my target audience are so I can make my characters easy to relate to, to my target audience. Looking at the other films will also enable me to discover the people who will usually watch a film of such genre and therefore allow me to direct my film to the people that want the film.

I will do this by looking at other drama films and who their target audience is. From this research I will be able to work out the target audience I will expect to be working with/for.

No comments:

Post a Comment